The Play Museum is a free children's area at the Illinois State Museum-Springfield. Load a jeep; crawl through a cave; dig for fossils; put together a baby mastodont puzzle; frame art; explore collections of fossils, insects, artifacts; and toys; and play museum! The Play Museum is designed for children ages 3-10 and their families.
Hours are Monday-Saturday 10:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. and Sunday 1:00 to 4:30 p.m.
- No food, beverages, gum or candy are allowed in the Play Museum.
- Please park your strollers outside the Play Museum.
- The Museum does not have food or eating facilities.
- All restrooms are accessible and include changing tables.
- Children must be accompanied by a caregiver over 16 years old.