Our new travel opportunity brings us greater awareness of the good earth where we live and the people who sought freedom to thrive, worship and build community. Plus, it harkens us to the earliest days of the Illinois State Museum story!
Download the Brochure and Registration form!
Architecture, utopian living, nature's beauty, creativity, and contemplation are all experiences you'll enjoy on this three-day, two-night motorcoach trip to New Harmony in southern Indiana.
Visit all these great locations and have free time to explore on your own!
- Lyles Station School Museum and Wayland Chapel A.M.E.
- Thrall's Opera House where the Golden Troupe performed
- Harmonist Labyrinth, Cathedral Labyrinth (Chartres replica) and Sacred Garden
- Jane Blaffer Owen Sanctuary for a special tour: Science, Secrets, and Shadows.
- New Harmony Atheneum, designed by famed architect Richard Meier
- David Lenz House and Garden, a typical Harmonist-style family dwelling
- Rapp-Owen Granary and Working Men's Institute, both tied to the Illinois State Museum
- Community House #2; Fauntleroy House, home of the Minerva Society
- And more optional visits included. Download brochure for details.
Package includes motorcoach travel, hotel, 2 breakfasts, 2 lunches and 1 dinner as well as entrance to all sites.
Society Member Rates
Double Occupancy - $467
Single Occupancy - $517
Double Occupancy - $594
Single Occupancy - $644
Registration Deadline: June 30, 2023 with $150 deposit. Please join us for an informational meeting on May 16 at 4 p.m. at ISM-Research & Collections Center.