Fulton-Mason Eagle Day
- 10956 N. Dickson Mounds Rd.
- Lewistown, Illinois 61542
Join us for the annual Fulton-Mason Eagle Day event on Saturday, February 3, 2024! Activities include live raptor programs, hands-on activities and crafts for kids, and bird watching in various locations in Lewistown and Havana, Illinois.
Dickson Mounds Museum, 10956 N. Dickson Mounds Road, Lewistown, from 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
• World Bird Sanctuary’s Raptor Awareness programs will be held at 1:00 pm and 3:00 pm in the Dickson Mounds auditorium.
Tickets will be available on a first come, first served basis, beginning at 9am at Dickson Mounds the day of the event.
Tickets cannot be reserved in advance. Seating is limited. Admission is free.
• Arts & crafts, science activities, and natural resource displays
• Native and invasive species displays
• Food available for purchase courtesy of The Lunchwagon
Emiquon National Wildlfe Refuge, Dickson Mounds Road, dawn to dusk
• Self-guided nature viewing and Eagle nest watching
The Nature Conservancy’s Emiquon Preserve Lakeside Observatory, off Hwy 97/78, dawn-dusk
• Wildlife viewing & walking trails
• Warming Station
Havana City Center, 326 West Market Street, Havana, from 9am - 4pm
• Wildlife Prairie Park’s Feathered Friends live bird exhibit 9am - Noon
• SPARK! Places of Innovation SMITHSONIAN museum on Main
Street open for viewing 9am-4pm
• Eagle Art Show by students of the Paintbox Studio Havana 9am-4pm
Havana Riverfront Park, North Schrader Avenue, Havana, park open dawn-dusk
• Wildlife, nature & eagle viewing
• Simulated Eagle’s nest for photos
• Hiking on Bellrose Island
U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service-Chautauqua National Wildlife Refuge 19031 E. CR 2110N, Havana, dawn-dusk
• Self-guided eagle-watching on refuge nature trails
• Very rare opportunity to climb the historic observation tower this day only, 11am - 4pm
• Rare opportunity to drive the levy road auto-tour around the refuge 11am-4pm Auto Tour Closed due to High Waters
*Activities at some locations are weather permitting.
Sponsored by Forbes and Illinois River Biological Stations, Havana Area Chamber of Commerce, Illinois State Museum-Dickson Mounds, Therkildsen Field Station at Emiquon, The Nature Conservancy, and USFWS Illinois River Refuges Complex.
While Dickson Mounds Museum is the hub for this event, be sure to check back for updates of additional locations and an itinerary of the day’s activities. The event is FREE and for all ages!